Monday, August 31, 2015

Island Hopping at El Nido

Day 1 & 2
April 21-22, 2015
El Nido

I have always imagined that when I go to El Nido, I will be staying at one of those fancy resorts in Lagen or Miniloc. This, of course, means that I have to live frugally for at least a year.  Hence, I never got to visit El Nido - I have been to Palawan thrice before but never in El Nido - until recently. But instead of a 5-star accommodation, we stayed at one of those guesthouses - Biolina Guesthouse, which, come to think of it, was a practical choice, considering we were out most of the time we were in El Nido.

We arrived in Puerto Princesa at 9 AM, after one and a half flight. Then, it was time for the long van ride to actually get to El Nido. We were all seated comfortably at first, until the driver picked additional 2 passengers along the way. I felt bad for the co-driver who had to sit in makeshift wooden seat and for the four foreigners crammed in the backseat  (while we, the 'little' Pinoys, were on the more spacious seats!).

It was already late in the afternoon when we checked-in at the guesthouse. After a brief rest, we rode a tricycle to get to Corong Corong beach to catch the sunset.
 




The next morning, we took tour C which included the following islands: Helicopter Island, Hidden Beach, Matinloc Shrine, Star Beach, and Secret Beach, which I think we missed.


Helicopter island

Anjo and Ryan at Helicopter Island


Hidden Beach


Susanne, Vhy, Jovie, and Anjo at Hidden beach

Matinloc Shrine

Star Beach

No comments: