Sunday, December 02, 2012

Adventures at Boracay

Day 2
Nov 9, 2012
Boracay

We spent our 2nd day at Boracay with a few adventures. First stop was Parasailing, one thing I wanted to do for so long but did not since I knew it to be quite expensive (2,000 PHP) for a 10-minute ride. I was surprised to find out it was actually cheaper - only 700 PHP per person. While the view of Boracay from top was really good - I finally realized just how long the beach really was - the ride was unfortunately a bit uncomfortable. I felt that the vest was too tight - I felt like throwing up during the whole time (and an hour after) I was up there.



For lunch, we went to the nearby wet market to buy some seafood then asked  one of the many restaurants to cook them for us. Too bad nobody wanted to buy the expensive lobsters so we settled for the shrimps which were cooked to perfection.


After lunch, a few of us tried the zorb ride. I was disappointed at first to see that the drop would not be that steep and that the pathway was too short. Nevertheless, the ride was actually enjoyable even if it ended quickly.





Later that night, we ate dinner at Hawaiian Bar-B-Que, one of the best restaurants in Boracay, though I am biased as I love everything with pineapple or ripe mango. I ordered sun-ripened mango chicken BBQ and mango crumble for dessert.  As an added bonus, there was a fire dance performance nearby which was really impressive, and judging by the number of people who requested their pictures taken with them, the show was a success.


sun-ripened mango chicken BBQ

mango crumble

fire dancers


After dinner, we tried the night life at Boracay. We went to Epic Bar for a few drinks and a game of truth and consequence because no one seemed to like to hit the dance floor.

No comments: